Although the word TV at first reminds us of old televisions and antennas, nowadays no one is looking for anything other than smart, android, and big screen TVs, so what should we pay attention to when buying a new smart TV? What television should we buy? You can use this TV buyers guide to get the right TV that fits your expectations and budget. Click for the best TV list of 2024.
Television is a member of every family and your new television can be your family’s best friend for years. At the same time, Smart TV will be the heart of your smart home devices. So no – it’s not like buying a Toaster – you’ll want to get it right, and that’s what our 2022 Television Guide is about.
Rapid smart TV buyers guide 2024
After all, before you spend thousands of hours watching it, you’ll want to spend a few picking it out. What is 4K TV? Is OLED worth it? What will happen to QLED and LED? And most importantly: Which television should you buy? Our goal is to unravel and simplify the mystery. If you don’t need to know, we won’t tell you. If it’s a minor detail, but still worth knowing, we’ll point it out. In the end, we won’t know which TV is best for you. But you will, and that’s the whole idea.
Here are some things you should consider while buying a smartTV:
- Brand: The brand is the first thing to decide when buying a smart TV.
- Screen Size: The next major thing to consider while buying a TV is the screen size.
- Display Type: There are two types of displays available in the market: LED and OLED.
- Screen Resolution, HDR: Screen resolution is the number of pixels on the screen. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range.
- Refresh Rate: Refresh rate is the number of times per second that the image on the screen is refreshed.
- Software, Apps, and Other Features: Smart TVs come with pre-installed apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
- Audio: Audio quality is also an important factor to consider while buying a smart TV.
- Connectivity Features: Connectivity features include HDMI ports, USB ports, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth connectivity, etc.
2024 smart TV Best Buy deals
If you are in a hurry, here are the most important points to consider before buying a television. We explain each of these points in more detail in our TV buyers guide below:
- Do not buy a television below 4K resolution. Stay away from Full HD or 1080p sets.
- You can skip 8K TVs (for now). 8K TVs are very expensive and 8K movies and shows are not yet available.
- For the most affordable but robust 55-inch 4K television, afford to pay around $1000. And at least $2000 for a 65-inch model. Models with better displays, speakers, and features will cost more.
- Look at 60 Hz or 120 Hz refresh rate: When it comes to refreshing rates, 60 Hz is fine, but 120 Hz is better. A higher refresh rate provides smoother motion for everything from movies and shows to live sports and games.
- Look for an HDR-compatible TV: This will offer more realistic colors and better contrast.
- OLED TVs look much better than most LCD sets: But QLED TVs from Samsung(Top TV brand), Vizio, and TCL are an affordable middle ground.
- Look for at least four HDMI ports. And if possible, opt for the newer HDMI 2.1 format.
- Plan to buy a soundbar. television speakers are worse nowadays because the screens are thinner.