Samsung A53 price, reviews, pros and cons
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G will be available in the US in 2022 as a mid-range category phone, priced at $450. Samsung made a big debut in 2022. Since 2022 started, the company has been launching new smartphones in the S22 Series, M Series, F Series or A Series. Considered an upgrade over last year’s Samsung A52s, The mid-range priced Galaxy A53 is loaded with specs. Therefore, it can compete with devices like Redmi Note 11 Pro, Xiaomi 11T Pro and more. Samsung has equipped the Galaxy A53 with Exynos 1280 chipset, 120Hz AMOLED display, Android 12 and more.
Since it offers these features and more in the price range of $450, it seems to be a very good and affordable phone. but is it really better than its competitors? Keep reading to find out results of the experts’ reviews, pros and cons, and real User Reviews and Comments about the Samsung a53 phone.
Samsung A53 review and specs
If you want to buy a phone, we recommend that you look at the article What should we look for when buying a phone?, to make your phone more useful, review our apps and 2024 best must have apps articles.
Samsung A 53 Specs and price
- DISPLAY: 6.5 inch Gorilla Glass 5, Full HD+, Super AMOLED 120Hz Infinity-O, IP67 Water Resistant Rating
- Battery: 5,000mAh two days battery with up to 25W
- SELFIE CAMERA: 32 MP( F2.2)
- MAIN CAMERA:
- 12MP Ultra Wide Angle Camera
- 64MP Main Camera
- 5MP Depth Camera
- 5MP Macro Camera
- MEMORY: 6GB-8GB RAM & 128GB, 256GB internal storage plus support for a microSD card up to 1TB
- Processor: Exynos 1280, GPU- Mali-G68
- OS: Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Build: Glass Front, Plastic Frame, Plastic Back, 159.6 x 74.8 x 8.1 mm, 189 grams
- Features and Sensors: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Light Sensor, Virtual Proximity Sensing, GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BDS, NFC
- Colors: Black, Blue, Peach, White
- Price: The Samsung A53 offered at a reasonable price ($350-$450 )
Samsung A53 pros and cons in expert reviews
- Decent body design and a good display
- Good Full HD+ AMOLED display
- 64MP OIS Quad Rear Camera
- Huge battery backup.
- Good specs for the price
- less expensive than the A52 5G
- Solid processor
- Beautiful screen
- Expandable storage up to 1TB
- Standard Connectivity Technologies and 5G Cellular Network
- Latest One UI 4.1 and Android 12 setup.
- 4K video recording with every camera and at every zoom level.
- Stereo Speakers
- 4 Years of OS Updates
- NFC and 5G enabled.
- Amazing camera performance in daylight.
- IP67 dust/water-resistant protection.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- 32MP Selfie Camera
- Does not get heated up easily
- Still priced a bit too high compared to viable alternative devices
- Not Ideal for Gaming
- So-so performance all around
- Can’t stream HDR content from Netflix
- Relatively Average Processing Capabilities from the Exynos 1280
- No support for wireless charging
- Handset feels slightly cheap in places
- No 3.5mm headphone jack, no charger in the box
- An Optical zoom camera is missing.
- Inconsistent camera performance
- Only 25W Charging Support
- No HDR support
- The camera quality could have been better
- Youtube videos can be streamed in up to 1080p only
- 8-bit panel (No 10-bit color depth)
- Polycarbonate Back Material
- Old USB Type C 2.0 charging port.
- The heating issue may appear during heavy use.
- No Wi-Fi 6 support and no FM radio.
- Video stabilization only available in 1080p
How are Samsung A53 Real User Reviews and Comments?
A53 Reviews with Positive comments
- I bought this phone a few months back and I absolutely love it
- This wasn’t my 1st choice for a new cell phone but once I read the reviews I gave it a shot, I have only had the phone for little over a week and it’s been working out just fine. The battery life is great as well as the sound guilty, I use my phone for calls and photos only.
- If you want something affordable and at the same time very good don’t look further this is the way to go . important pros: 1) Big screen 2) Amazing camera system 3) Great battery life 4) expendable memory 5) Fast charging plus 4 years of software updates & 5 Years of security updates Just perfect.
- I purchased this phone from cricket wireless. This phone used the same display as the Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. It have so many and very useful pros, is plastic but feels and looks premium. 5000mah battery juice for days , 5G , expandable storage ( feature not available in flagship phones ).
- I was looking at Samsung’s flagship model the S22 Ultra 5G but, didn’t need to spend $1200 on a phone. The A53 is faster than the Motorola Z4 it replaced and I added a 256GB micro SD card for all my family pictures / videos. The battery life has been quite good lasting through work of constant texts and calls. The power management system does a great job conserving power.
- A53 works great. Fast, good pictures and great sound bought on 4/1/2022 so fare great phone for the coast
- The phone is a good product, smooth at touch and well designed. Weight is average and seems to be a good choice for a teenager girl as it is intended.
A53 Reviews with Negative Comments
- only cons was no headphones jack but easy work around. Also doesn’t charge wireless lying which sucks.
- I bought this phone yesterday. My only problem is that when connected to my car bluetooth, i can hear people fine but they say i sound like a robot.
- I bought this phone a few days after its release in March. The longer I have it, the more I realize that it just isn’t the right phone for me. It lags a lot when you use the camera or video. It takes a lot of time to render the video for you to be able to shoot another video so you are sitting there waiting, while the moment is passing you by. Switching from apps is so laggy and sometimes touches don’t register despite the touch sensitivity being way up.
- I returned the phone after less than a week of receiving it. In a nutshell the cons: 1)the charging port did not hold the charging plug after a few days. Tried many different type cords and plugs and it still didn’t work. Samsung needs to use a heavy duty charger port or better design. 2) the Google phone dialer does not have haptic touch even though the phone settings menu has a touch feature, just does not work on the phone. 3)the speakerphone outside is low, hard to hear. Although the speakers for other media is loud.
- This phone is very buggy. Doesn’t notify me when I have fb messages Now my audio in my Bluetooth doesn’t even show up anymore so now I can’t listen to music in the car I can’t fix it cause it’s literally a software issue. I’ll be saving up for a new phone as soon as possible cause this phone is a joke and have very cons
Conclusion: How is the price, is it worth the price?
When we compare the Samsung A53 Pros and Cons with its counterpart Samsung A52 pros and cons, it gives the best value for your money and the Samsung A53 worth the price. I recommend Samsung a72 for those who want a more performance product. You can also review the best flagship phones 2024. There are varieties with very high features that you can choose at a higher price in 2024, for example, you can review our article on Samsung S22 Reviews and Samsung s21 fe reviews, if you want a more affordable price performance product than Samsung A53, iPhone13 mini reviews, Xiaomi 11t Reviews , you can check the features and comments. If you are considering an iPhone phone, read our Best iPhone to buy in 2024.