How is GEICO Auto Insurance Company Quotes, Customer Reviews, Pros and Cons?
How is GEICO Car Insurance Company, Quotes, Rates, Discounts? What is Professionals and real customers Geico car insurance reviews and Geico car insurance pros and cons?
GEICO Group is represented by GEICO General Ins Co (Auto) GEICO Casualty Co (Auto), and GEICO Indemnity Co (Motorcycle). Most consumers will qualify for lower rates than GEICO car insurance quotes, based on eligibility for different group insurance plans. GEICO Car insurance Company is the second-largest car insurance company in the United States( USA). But is Geico a reliable insurance provider? To answer this, we have gathered all the Geico car insurance reviews and Geico car insurance pros and cons in one place and provide a summary for you.
GEICO offers insurance via their website and call centers. But they don’t offer you a dedicated agent, like State Farm or Farmers. They offer most of the standard options, such as liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage. On the other hand Geico car insurance provides liability coverage to vehicle owners in all 50 states of USA. Also it makes filing a claim after an accident incredibly easy at: www.geico.com/claims.
Discounts of GEICO Auto Insurance Company
- California Good Drivers with a clean driving record for 5 years qualify for an additional discount of 20%-30%
- New Vehicle Discount: 15% for Comp; 5% for Coll Multi-Line Discounts:
- Up to 20% for auto customers having motorcycle and/or personal umbrella policies with GEICO Car insurance Company
- Loyalty/Persistency Discount: As customers maintain coverage with the company, they will receive persistency discounts of 5.1% – 10.1%.
- Anti-Theft Devices 5% -10%
- Drivers Training 5%
- Good Student 1%
- Group Prog Credit/Prof Degree Up to 39%
- Low Annual Mileage Driven Up to 39.5%
- Mature Drivers Course 5%
- Multi – Car 10% – 19%
- Multi-Policy Credit Up to 20%
- Passive Safety Features 5% (airbag)
- Persistency Credit (Retention) 5.1% to 10.1%
GEICO car insurance Quotes
The Geico can provide cheap car insurance for many drivers. For example, we reviewed estimates of full coverage car insurance for 35-year-old drivers with good credit and driving records. As a result, we found that Geico’s rates were about 22% lower than the national average.
Generally, Geico’s premiums will be higher if you’re a young driver or don’t have a good driving record. Also if you have low credit and don’t live in California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan or Washington, your premiums will be even higher.
Sample Geico car insurance quotes
|Driving Profile||Geico Auto Insurance Rates|
|35-year-old with good driving record and good credit||$1,352|
|24-year-old with good driving record and good credit||$1,627|
|35-year-old with poor credit||$2,077|
|35-year-old with a recent accident||$2,427|
Geico Car Insurance pros and cons
- Numerous Discounts.
- Available in 50 states.
- Offers accident forgiveness.
- High policy limits.
- Strong third-party ratings.
- Cheap policies for drivers with a bad credit score.
- Robust website and mobile app.
- Most recommended by real customers.
- Strong financial and industry standing.
- A++ rating from AM Best and A+ rating from the BBB.
- Geico offers all the typical coverage options and Full breadth of products.
- Partnerships with Mexican insurance companies for Mexico coverage.
- Consistently above average customer satisfaction rankings
- Offers many discounts including some unique options.
- With Geico, you can either earn or purchase accident forgiveness.
- Geico has several options to submit a claim, either on the phone, through the web, or via the app.
- Competitive rates for drivers with a poor credit history.
- Usage-based insurance discount.
- Extensive range of coverage options, insurance products, and other services.
- folks who have a speeding ticket, poor credit or were caught driving without insurance.
- Offers a usage-based insurance program (DriveEasy) for good drivers who want to reduce their auto insurance rates based on driving habits.
- Policies designed for current and former military personnel.
- Offers mechanical breakdown insurance, which few insurers do.
- Usage-based app not available in all states.
- Doesn’t offer gap or rideshare insurance.
- Very high rates for drivers with a DUI
- Does not offer coverage for new car replacement or better car replacement
- Limited network of local agents.
- Lack of gap coverage option
- Average J.D. Power claims ratings.
- Not always the cheapest for people with poor credit or recent accidents.
- Accident forgiveness not available in all states.
- Below average claims satisfaction in certain regions.
- Could be costly for high-risk drivers or drivers with a bad driving history.
- Geico’s rates for adding a teen driver are only so-so.
- Geico’s average discount for bundling auto and home insurance is rather low at 8%.
- Not as many optional coverages as other auto insurers
- Mechanical breakdown insurance only available for new cars (less than 15 months old and fewer than 15,000 miles)
- Offers a main phone number with many prompts, instead of dedicated quotes and claims phone numbers.
- Inconsistent Claims Updates.
- Certain policies are underwritten by third-party partners, adding a layer of complexity.
- Average or inconsistent customer service.
- Geico Car Insurance pros and cons
Real Customers GEICO Car insurance Reviews
Highest Rated Customer Reviews
- I have been a customer of Geico’s for YEARS. They have been there for me for anything I am needing of their services. So you cannot go wrong with Geico.
- The process of making policy and payment schedule changes is very clear and easy. Thank you for stream-lining it so well.
- Spoke to three different agents and although my call went to the wrong person still found it a great experience to talk to the wrong agent. Very attentive, no whole time and all of them were extremely nice. I never write reviews but I had to do one for them today. Thank you so much.
- I have been insured with Geico for many years. They are a class act, which always comes through with a smile and appreciation for its customers.
- I’m two years new to GEICO Insurance Company. They are always helpful over the phone. I have both car and apartment rent insurance. I bought my car two years ago (February) and it literally took less than five minutes to insure my car over the phone right from the car dealership. Their website is very user-friendly as well, which is very important to me.
- They are definitely a good Inc. car insurance to have. I really enjoy having them and the price that I get is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. Their claims process is the easiest that I have ever going through. You definitely get your money’s worth.
- GEICO Insurance Company is literally Amazing!! if you are not sure whether you should get with them or no GET WITH THEM!!, everything is incredibly good theyr’e price, their customer service and theyre service.
Lowest Rated Customer Reviews
- Never use it. Because It’s a bot, or as Geico says, a literal “virtual assistant.
- Customer service hung up twice on me and did not call me back. When I call back nobody knows what the last rep said to me and keep transferring me to different departments. Took 15 days for a refund check to arrive and when I tried to bank it they had issued a cancellation. I will probably have to wait another 15 days.
- GEICO Insurance Company is absolutely the WORST insurance company I have ever had to deal with. They are causing me so much anguish, and have hassled me to the point of intimidation! I would like to give a ZERO!
- Undeniably the worst car insurance company I’ve ever worked with. Will not pay claims and they go out of their way to make sure the claims inspection stations they use undercut the price of fixing your car by keeping it under your deductible. Get out and fast cause they will not pay your claims. And since they have constant cute commercials with their Gecko they attract lots of new people to ripoff. But high premiums and low claims payout makes them thee most profitable insurance company in the world. Stay away and get out as fast as you can right now.
- Had an accident on January 4, 2022. The claim has been handled very poorly. I can’t get anyone to call me back. I have left several messages for multiple people and no one has called me back to attempt to explain this process to me. My car is at the collision center and has not been fixed. Geico has the worst customer service ever. People, please go elsewhere.
Geico Car Insurance Customer Reviews part 2
Highest Rated Customer Reviews part 2
- Gieco is a great company to have your car and home insurance with. The employees work to get you a great rate. Consequently I am very thankful for their help.
- I have been with GEICO Auto Insurance company ever since it was a Government Employee Insurance Company in the ’50s, and I still love the agents that work there. They may not always be on top of everything, but they’re good.
- My experience with them has been nothing but amazing from the inception until where we are today. Superb customer service interactions. Very professional and always listen to attention for details. Very caring persona amongst them.
- I just called Geico for car insurance, I am extremely pleased with customer service. The representatives, they are kind, caring and supportive. Mr. Moody explained everything, so I was able to get full coverage without Hassall and asking a lot of question about my 2017 vehicle.
- They are the best rates and totally rock when it comes to customer service.
- Their rates are very fair and honest. Therefore if you have an excellent driving record, do your wallet a favor and give them a call!
- It’s a great insurance. Easy to use app and great customer service! The rates are the best among other major creditors! On the other hand they have several different coverages with many options to fit customer’s needs.
- I have to say this is one of the best websites i have dealt with. also, the customer service reps are outstanding. I want to thank you for making Geico what it is, a wonderful company.
- Adding a vehicle has been very simple and easy to do with little time needed to finish. As a result I had the documents and just needed to fill in the blanks.
Lowest Rated Customer Reviews part 2
- I am unhappy with your website. For example, I have been trying to submit new information since Nov 2021.
- I HAVE TRIED 10 TIMES TO USE THE WEBSITE TO ADD A CAR AND REMOVE MY TOTALED CAR AND REVISE THE COVERAGES, SO I CALLED AN AGENT AND SHE FIXED EVERYTHING AND I JUST NEEDED TO SIGN THE FORMS SO I TRIED TO DO THAT 5 TIMES AND IT REJECTED IT EVERYTIME. BIG WASTE OF TIME.
- I have been insured with GEICO FOR OVER 15 YEARS. I took two vehicles off my auto insurance policy and after that my premium increased by 50%. That’s in spite of still having 2 cars, a motorcycle and my house insurance with them. That is to say I am upset is an understanding and I am removing all insurance from GEICO Insurance Company.
- My mom’s car broke down at the park. She called Geico. There were 3 of us. The guy said no problem I’ll send a tow do you need a car seat blah blah blah. The tow comes says one person. We call back and the man says “my employee would never say that.”. And as it was Friday they towed to our house but you get one tow a year from them so come Monday we had to pay out of pocket to tow it to the mechanics. My mom went back to AAA.
- It is impossible to get to speak to a person. So there are some extenuating circumstances behind my claim. This should take 5 minutes. not days. There doesn’t seen to be a resolution to this problem.
- Gross invasion of privacy! You have no right to assume a person is driving just because they are of age and charge INSANE pricing!
Other GEICO Insurance Products
GEICO does not only offer auto insurance. They also carry other insurance options, including homeowners insurance, renters insurance and business insurance. If you plan on purchasing more than one policy, consider bundling them with your auto insurance to qualify for savings on your premiums across the board.